Mittwoch, 14. April 2010

Back to work again

Today was another late shift day before going into night shift tomorrow.
Juts like yesterday I started my day off with a big, warm meal:
Whole wheat Spaghettis with lean ground beef and a premade pasta sauce in the flavor basil. Sprinkled all of this with a little bit of cheese and some veggies:
So I started off cooking the spaghetti and some carrot pieces. In a pan I fried half an onion in a little bit of oil and then the ground beef. Then I added this pasta sauce:
The ingredient are pretty good: 97% Tomatoes, basil, starch, salt, fructose, native olive oil, things to make the stuff sour (whatever that might be), and then something I think is cream of tatar (from what I read in recipes so far I think it is), and pepper
So this stuff doesn’t have any points and has chuncks of tomatoes in it. Very delicious!

Then I had a yoghurt with strawberries and blueberries and some granola right before leaving for work:
And I had another of the Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats (not the caramel one as pictured, darn got the wrong pic but well...)
And I prepared my pita sandwich for work. I added a piece of cucumber and my apple:
At work I also had some chocolate covered pretzels because somebody felt the need to open this box of cookies….ggrrr
My shift was very relaxing though. It started off pretty bad because we weren’t enough people even though we were way too many for my taste. Let me explain: I work in the ER at the moment so there is one nurse that does all the administration. And then we also have a small ward with like 6 beds for patients that cannot go to their ward because it’s full. So another nurse has to go there. And then we had two more nurses in the late shift for the actually work in the ER which isn’t enough. We had one though who had like a middle shift, so they tried to get another finished nurse to come when he left. Added to those ppl we also had 2 guys that are currently working on becoming a paramedic and me as a close to finished nursing student. But they did get a finished paramedic to come in late but he was like absolutely clueless about the work and no help at all…(in my humble opinion). So it was luck that there wasn’t a whole lot to do.

After getting back home I had another bowl of sweetened strawberries and bananas and a rice cracker with PB:






Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen