Dienstag, 13. April 2010

Trying to get back on track

Even though I’m not counting this week officially I’m still kinda calculating my points in my head and those last two days were kinda over the top. But that’s no problem as I still have my weekly points to dig into…
But I tried to keep closer to my daily points allowance yesterday which was not so easy since I was off work and thus had more time to eat ;-)
So the key for me is to start my day off with my main warm meal that is really filling. Yesterday I decided on a German Favorite “Milchreis” (milk rice) it’s kinda like rice pudding and a sweet risotto. You need round grain rice like the one you’d use for risotto but instead of putting broth into it you use milk and sweeten it. So I used a mixture of milk and water because I wanted to cut down on the calories. And I sweetened everything with artificial sweetener and Vanilla Extract for more flavour.
As toppings I had either unsweetened applesauce and sugar/cinnamon:
Or I mixed unsweetened cocoa baking powder into the rice and topped with frozen raspberries:
Soooo good. I had this whole pot full and I ate it all! Afterwards I was comfortably full. I make it my goal to have one meal a day where I really eat a lot so I’m nicely full. WW in germany has this part where it actually promotes that. Because you have certain ingredient either carb rich (i.e. potatoes, noodles, rice…) foods for 7 Pts or Protein rich (lean meats, eggs..) foods for 5 Pts that you can eat for that amount of points until you’re comfortably full.

So my breakfast did hold me full a long time. And I had my next meal maybe around 4pm. I had one of my Turkey Pitas with low fat mayonnaise, Avocado cream and cheese. I added to that some tomatoes and as dessert had a rice cracker with PB:
When I went shopping I got some more of the ice cream I have loved lately and of course had to have some as a snack around 5.30pm:
My portion:
Then I went into my room to watch TV but still thought about how I needed more fruits. So I went back downstairs and cut up some strawberries and a banana which I sweetened a little and added to that 2 rice crackers, one with PB and the other with strawberry Marshmallow Fluff.
Tomorrow I'll be back to work. But I'm doing a late shift so I can sleep in and have a comfy day before heading to work.
See y'all later!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen