Dienstag, 6. April 2010

metabolism shock

Hey,
so with WW you get a daily points allowance and then also a weekly allowance that you can either use at once or a little at a time or not at all. I found through trial and error that not using them doesn't work for me and that the best way for me is to use them all up on one day (or at least a majority). So that's what happened today. I hadn't planned on it but as life wents and since I was off work today this was how it worked.

But let's start off with breakfast. I decided while still in bed that I wanted some waffles. So I used the Aunt Jemima buttermilk pancake mix to make waffles. But instead of using oil I used apple sauce. I also added in some chopped pecans which gave the waffles a delicious taste.


I had a little bit of each of those toppings:



  • Aunt Jemima Original Sirup

  • Caramel Sirup

  • unsweetened apple sauce

  • 1/2 a banana

The other half of the banana went into my yoghurt parfait:

It consisted of 2 Minimuffins of Devils Food cake made with pumpkin purre that I crumbled in the mixer. Then one layer was plain yoghurt with vanilla aroma and sweetener and then the banana cut into junks. Very delicious!


Then my mom came home from my grandmas and told me she was hungry. So we were thinking about what to do with the day and what to eat for lunch. I'm usually getting up late so I ate my breakfast at around 11.30am and my mom was back at about 12.30pm.


So we decided to go ahead and rent movies. We got Inglorious Bastards and New in Town ( a movie with Renee Zellweger). After picking those up we went by the bakery to get bread for my dad for dinner and got ourselves a little treat for later.


Then we went to get our main lunch. A German staple fast food: Döner. This was invented by a turkish immigrant right here in Berlin where I live. In Turkey they have the same style of heating the meat which is pressed into a big lump and then roasted on a stick and they shave off pieces of that meat (usually lamb). The specialty here is to put it into a corner of a large pita bread and add sauce and veggies to it:
I cut mine into 3 pieces to eat it because I find it easier that way and not as much can fall out of it.

Then later on we had our treat from the bakery:

A poppyseed roll. Just like a cinnamon roll just larger and made with poppy seeds..delish!
Later on in the day I had one of my staples... a Granny Smith Apple:

And now just a couple of minutes ago I had another yoghurt with redcurrant and my chocolate granola:
Well, that was my day food wise. Nothing special happened today. I will go ahead and do some more grocery shopping today as I am running out of fresh produce (and frozen). And somebody got me lettuce for a salad but didn't get tomatos or bell peppers just a cucumber (which is gone now, which reminds me that I had a piece of that before the apple!)
See y'all tomorrow!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen